Thursday, April 18, 2013

Our Adventure

This year I have decided to embark on a new adventure; A vegetable garden!  One of the biggest motivations for me is to have my children grow up not only eating fresh vegetables, but also to teach them that food doesn't come from a store, it comes from the earth.  Almost two years ago, we moved out to "the country" and now have the room to start our little homestead.  I grew up eating vegetables from the backyard, eggs I gathered by hand, and meat we raised ourselves.  I distinctly remember the feeling of popping a cherry tomato into my mouth, it's skin still warm from the sun.  I want my children to have these experiences, to grow up valuing the world around them for what it can provide, if they just make a little effort.  My daughter has jumped into this project with such enthusiasm, that she has grown the spark inside me, to an inferno of excitement over this project.  We have already learned so much together, and I can't help but share our story.  I hope you can find inspiration in our endeavor, and maybe start your own little piece of gardening heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment